1. James and Mara dedicated four years to Vanquishing The Invisibility of Northern California Women Veterans. Women who impact our communities by their service, sacrifice, and contributions, yet they remain invisible to the public and even to other Veterans.
2. Mara feels a strong sense of connection to today's Women Veterans. Tough, resilient women. She incorporates the lesson from her late father (US Army Air Corp.) about WWII women pilots who proved themselves worthy of the title Veteran. Mara will share why being a staunch supporter of Women Veterans, a growing segment of American Veterans, is important.
3. James is a U.S. Navy Vietnam Veteran with 30 plus years as a portrait photographer and is a graduate of National Speakers Association, Northern California speakers academy. He shares how experiences returning from active duty during the Vietnam conflict adds context to the experiences of our current Women Veterans face today.
4. Discover the pervasive cloak of invisibility these Women Veterans face every day and how that impacts their ability to receive medical care, get decent jobs and provide a roof over their heads. Our intention is to open the viewers’ eyes to a world unknown and, for many, never experienced—the world of a Woman Veteran.
5. Appreciation grows as understanding and discovery change our perceptions. Our perceptions were rocked as we listen to their unique experiences. Hearing their stories and seeing their faces will bring a new understanding of the many struggles and challenges facing veterans, especially Women Veterans.